Friday, February 15, 2008

Bit of a break

So, I've been voraciously knitting lately, and have many plans for future knits - a mohair skirt, cabled cardigan, top-down simple raglan on the needles, more socks. It seems as if my creative brain has the inertia of a locomotive these days. I finished 2.5 projects on wednesday - scarf like things that are late xmas presents for family! I've also been rehearsing a lot, or at least the 2x weekly rehearsals with my bands have been extremely energetic. Also being on the computer for 10-12 hours a day combined with a bit of stress due to searching for a new apartment = body pain! Ugh. I think I'm getting a little tendonitis in my wrists, and my shoulders are constantly sore. I never though sitting or resting would be so painful to the body. I really need to take some yoga classes after I get settled in my new (pending) place.

So, I've unintentionally taken a couple day's break from knitting. I forgot my needles on Thursday, even though I had yarn! A day and a half off of knitting hasn't helped a ton with my wrists, which aren't really all that bad, but has made me realize that I can afford to take breaks from time to time. I'm planning on trying to finish the projects I'm outlining in my nice graph-lined moleskine, and not buy any more yarn until next fall.

Theoretically, a knitting break is possible - I have so many more projects to be done!

No comments: