Monday, June 23, 2008

Desiring Rest

It's 5:03 PM, and I can only dream longingly of my bed. It's been a hectic week, and hectic beginning of the next - Friends were married this weekend, an apartment spic & spanned, and more friends requiring rides from the airport late last night. Nick's friends from the east coast flew in for a few days, and of course were delayed. We rescued them with salad, beer, and banana-pineapple cake. Sleep, when we finally got it, was had curled up with my love on the couch. It would have been more restful but for my terribly sunburned shoulders screaming pain at me whenever I moved.

Staying in a house overflowing with guests paid off, as this morning I could afford slightly longer rest before rising early to go to a second job interview, and a short bike ride to the locale. It went well, a thank you letter was sent, and I am now awaiting reply. Soon, I will be off to the races again - Dot Punto. is recording a song tonight at our studio. I'm hoping my energy will return when I leave the office, so I can play my best as I'll be the first track laid down. Late this evening, I'll trek back to my apartment, and finally reach my destination: sweet bliss of bed, with fresh sheets and soft comforter to cradle me.

Tomorrow, I hope to be rested, and have the evening off for barbecue with the east-coasters and knitting. I'll post the recording as soon as it's done.

No comments: