Monday, March 24, 2008

Netflix withdrawl

I would like to express my utter frustration and rage at the Netflix site outage. I'm sure they are losing a lot of business as it's been down all freaking day! I just discovered the wonders of Netflix last night (well, I know about it, but had not signed up or explored until yesterday) and was totally thrilled, adding tons of movies and shows to my queue. That is, until this morning, when I checked the site to add a few things, and it was down. "Ok, it will be back soon," I mused. 7 hours later it's still down! GRAWRRR! This had better not effect the delivery of LOST season 3 to my mailbox tomorrow. And when the site is up, I had better be able to add MST3K to my queue, dammit. I just want to watch some movies while I knit!

In other news, I finally signed up for cable internet, so hopefully I'll have a modem by Saturday so they can install it. Soon I will have connectivity at home...Wheee! I did get to play around with an EVDO WiFi router this weekend thanks to work, and it's pretty neat. Unfortunately I can't keep it all week as we need it for testing. This would be a great device for traveling - anywhere Sprint Network goes, you can have WiFi and net access. You could probably even use it in the car with an AC converter. Sweetness. It's amazing what technology can do these days, and how swiftly one can become frustrated and angry due to lack of said technology.

No comments: