Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I can has new computer?



So, I waited so long to get a new iMac that they released new ones! Lucky me, I splurged yesterday and bought one. It comes standard now with 2gigs of memory and 320gig hard drive, plus a faster processor and oh so much more cool stuff. I spent last night making sure all 3 generations of computers in my house were networked and able to play nice together, such fun! And it's oh so fast and pretty. This beauty won't get stickers like the once that tattoo my G4 laptop - instead, I'm going to sew a dust cover for it so it stays nice and clean.

So, first impressions? Blazing fast! Photoshop CS2 runs like a dream even over Rosetta. I'll be upgrading to CS3 very soon, which I'm sure will up the performance even more. I was able to load and edit 110 raw files lickety-split, which will certainly make a huge dent in my photographic productivity. And what's also great is I think I can figure out how to write it off of my taxes at the end of the year as either an educational or work expense, hells yeah!

For now...back to work organizing my files!

1 comment:

cactus petunia said...

What? You're going to SEW a cover??? I think you should KNIT a computer cozy for that baby...argyle! Congratulations!
Love,
Aunt Petunia