Monday, May 5, 2008

Maker Faire 2008

Metal Sculptures

Went to Maker Faire 2008 this weekend, and somehow managed not to get overwhelmed or overstimulated despite the thousands of people, hundreds of projects with blinking lights, and huge pyrotechnics. I only had time to go to one brief talk by Syuzi Pakhchyan. She focused on very simple circuits integrated into textiles, such as a headband for headphones that uses velcro as a switch so that it lights up when worn. Neat stuff, not too complicated for someone like me who needs to get a simple project or two under her belt.



LED Clock

I really want to build one of these, but the lack of walls in my house makes me think this would keep me up if it were glowing all night.


Snark-O-Tron

This LED display didn't really have anything Snarky to say, but luckily I had someone Snarky on hand to fill in.

No comments: