Friday, September 21, 2007

Au Revoir, Paris

So today I left Paris bright and early at 6am. I was actually happy to leave. I, unfortunately, was not terribly impressed by this place, except maybe by the Cemetier Montmartre. Cemetaries are a bit amazing to me - the aged, rotting tombstones and crypts, strewn with dried flowers and leaves left by mourners long ago. Cemetier Montmartre is a huge, sprawling lot, with lots of family crypts and families of cats. I've dubbed them "les Chats de Mort" (the cats of death), even though they don't seem remotely deadly to me.

I wandered around for about an hour and a half, enjoying the peace and quiet, so to speak. I was in photographic bliss! I love picturing rust, and the delicate stains of dirt, smoke, and pollution.




1 comment:

Seamus said...

Nice pictures. I would like to hump them.