Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's raining

So it's been pouring the last two days or so, making venturing out to explore kind of strenuous. Yesterday I came back soaking wet having to change clothes as I stupidly didn't have an umbrella. I also nearly lost my wallet, which was a harrowing experience! I ate dinner at a falafel place, paid, went to use the bathroom, and left. After going one stop on the train, I thought it would be a good idea to check for my wallet before I got home. Lo and behold, it was not there! I raced out of the doors of the subway, found the next train back, and practically sprinted through sheets of rain back to the falafel place. I was only gone for about 15 minutes or so, and fortunately I know my way around Berlin well enough that I knew exactly where the place was. I walked in, checked the bathroom, and sure enough, my wallet was sitting exactly where my jacket had been, with everything still in it. I feel really lucky for that. I have never really lost my wallet, only misplaced it for a few panicked hours or minutes every so often. Loosing my money and passport in a foreign country is not something I want to experience, especially since I am leaving for home in 2 days.



That's another beast I rode around in the rain yesterday - Berlin is a great city to bike in, and step-through frames are very popular. I've seen very few sleek italian racing machines such as the ones that are oh-so popular in SF.

No comments: